Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FM/FM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

medicamx

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2014
MX
I have my analog line 061 set up to appear on my extension, it does not ring. The CCR is set to answer my line in 2 rings. Ether wa when the line is ringing waiting for the CCR to answer, FM/FM starts to dial my cel. This has been a little crazy, since eveny time I get a missed number from my office, I go searching for who called.

Now I was able to correct this in two ways;

(1) change the time from when FM/FM starts to dial from 0 to 8 seconds, but the downfall is I want my cell to start dialing imidiately once my extencion is rang, due to the fact that the connection time takes up to 2 rings to go through.

(2) remove line 061 from my set. (this has been the easiest; but now I am unable to monitor the lines...

Any other ideas?

It seems to be an issue.

I have not had time to play with this but try programming an Answer DN key for a set that does not have the line assigned.
Now setup FM/FM for that set instead of your set.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

You might want to many cookies in your jar but tell me if this works for you, I have now test 2 scenarios.

[highlight #FCE94F]Option 1 using Answer DN's[/highlight]

-Remove FMFM from your mailbox (or disable it)
-Find/install a spare set
-Have line 061 Appear Only at your set (and others if required)
-Have line 061 Appear and Ring at the spare set
-Create a mailbox for the spare set
-Setup FM/FM on the new mailbox to call your cell
---Delay 0
---Max Time 32 seconds (I chose 32 because my cell phones mailbox would pickup at 33 which I dont want)
-Assign an Answer DN key on all sets required to answer your spare set (incoming calls)
-Make sure CFNA on your set is shorter then any other set that has an Answer DN key

[highlight #FCE94F]Option 2 using Hunt Groups:[/highlight]

**One con is there is no Hand Off in this scenario.
Pro - can add many sets to ring using HG's distinctive ringing (good for business line at home)

My setup is:
AA at 0 rings (leave yours at 2 is fine)
For service they press 1
1 goes to Hunt Group HG01 DN 465 with 201 (Service) and 216 (spare set) as the members
Call then rings my 201 and 216 then my cell phone with the delay you mention (delay is not fixable)

Find/install a spare set

In Callpilot:

Delete your mailbox behind your phone
Create a new mailbox for the new spare set
Assign an Alternate DN which would be your set (DN 201 in my case)
Setup FM/FM on the new mailbox to call your cell
-Delay 0
-Max Time 32 seconds (I chose 32 because my cell phones mailbox would pickup at 33 which I dont want)

Assign line 061 as Appear Only on any sets required except that spare set

Setup Hunt Group 01 (DN 465) - (or any HG you want):

Add members - the spare sets DN (216 in my case)
- add any other DN's you want to ring as well(DN 201 in my case)
- I have my members all at "Ring Only"

-Broadcast
-Queue timeout - 30 secs
-Overflow - to the DN of voice mail (do F985 to see the DN)

In Callpilot CCR point your path/key to call DN 465 (HG01) (in my case Path 2)

Call flow:
Call comes in
AA answers at X rings
Client press's 2
465 rings your sets and FM/FM (cell phone)
After 6 rings the call goes to the mailbox of your spare set (mean while it rang your cell phone 4 times).

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

You still alive? whats the update?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back