Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FLV displays as White Box - Using Dreamweaver 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

braves07

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
US
Hi. I'm using Dreamweaver 8 to build the site. I had a .wmv file. I imported into Flash - using progressive download method. Got my .flv. I used Dreamweaver 8 to embed the video. I get this code.

<code>
<script type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase',' ); //end AC code
</script><noscript><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" width="225" height="169" id="FLVPlayer">
<param name="movie" value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" />
<param name="salign" value="lt" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Clear_Skin_1&streamName=Stuart_recycle1&autoPlay=true&autoRewind=true" />
<embed src="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf" flashvars="&MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Clear_Skin_1&streamName=Stuart_recycle1&autoPlay=true&autoRewind=true" quality="high" scale="noscale" width="225" height="169" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" />
</object></noscript>
</code>

When I view it locally it plays correctly. When I upload to server it only shows a white box. The original file is 340x260 and I resized in Dreamweaver to 225x169. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it?

Thanks,

braves07

BTW the name of the file is Stuart_recycle1.flv and the original size was 320x240 not 340x260.

I put the test site up on bellsouth so you can't see any code, because it only displays the frame details.

I don't know what is going on. I resized inside of Flash. Reexported the .flv. Redid the entire thing in Dreamweaver. It still plays fine locally on firefox and IE but as soon as I put it on this server I get the white box. Any help would be appreciated.

Braves07

Its down the left column under the news. Its just a white box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back