Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterOcean

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
CA
I have also posted this in the VB forum.

I am querying a FP table through VB and I get an empty recordset, when there is actually the data there. If I repeat this query a number of times it suddenly works and I get the information that I need.

Someone has mentioned that I should Flush the tables before I do the query. Is this the best thing to do? and if anyone knows whether I can (and how) do it via VB would be a plus.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Peter

The app that is writing the data is the one that needs to do the FLUSH. Is it a Fox app doing the output or a VB app?

Dave S.
[cheers]

It's a VB app that is doing the output.

Then as Dave suggests, its the VB app that should do the FLUSHING or whatever the command is.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Peter,

Try this:

Declare Sub FOXDOCMD Lib "C:\Program Files\VFP7\Fpole.dll" _
(cCommand As String, cOptions As String)
FOXDOCMD "FLUSH", ""

Regards

-- AirCon --

A FLUSH may not solve the problem. If the disk controller on the server is caching writes, FLUSH may not affect that.

Craig Berntson
MCSD, Visual FoxPro MVP, Author, CrysDev: A Developer's Guide to Integrating Crystal Reports"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back