Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flush text against top of frame 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cping

Programmer
Feb 27, 2006
US
I'm looking for a drop cap effect but can't use it since the text doesn't quite span two lines.

I want all text to sit flush vertically against the top of the text frame, regardless of size. The first words are a nested character style with a 18pt font size and the rest of the text is 12pt.

Ant ideas of how to do this without having to resort to adding a separate text frame?

I'm not quite sure what you mean but here are 2 ways to achieve the effect. If you select the first letter and make it 18 pt, you can then decrease its baseline shift till its top aligns with the rest of the text on the line. Or you could increase the baseline shift of the rest of the line till it matches the top of the first letter. Save as a character style for future use.

You can create a new paragraph style with drop caps from the character style you just created. In the drop caps window leave lines and characters set to 0 and select the new characer style you just made from the drop down menu.

This only works for a 1 line thing, but your post indicated that you were only using 1 line.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Thanks for the reply. After the initial word( set at 18pt )I needed the remainder of the paragraph aligned under the next 12pt word; the only way I could do this was by placing the first word as an anchored object and indenting the paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back