Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flush Problem with multi-user app on WIN 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd68071

Programmer
Jan 12, 2001
GB
We have a multi-user app running on a win 2000 net work with win200o workstation. Everything is seeminly oke , ther seems to be a problem with flushing the data to the server. After each teller transaction the flush command is used. But is seems that if the tables are not reopend after that on each machine it keeps a mirror of the old data.

Have seen that their was a problem with this in fwp 2.6 and was adressed in visual fox 3. But the knowledge base on 2.6 is gone (ms no longer support bla bla) Is their a better idea out there except reopening the tables

We will migrate to fox 7 , but i cannot tell this to our customer (And they r always right :) )

In my 2.0, Browse i use SET REFRESH TO 1
to see changes from other user in one second...
Tesar

It's probably not the flushing of the data, but rather the forcing of reading the new data. The only way to make sure you get current data (i.e. force FP to get the data outside of it's own cache) is to LOCK (implicitly or explicitly) the record you need to use.

Note: W2K also needs to have the OP Lock settings correct (non-default!) or you may lose data updates this way. At least this was true before SP3 - I haven't had a chance to do any testing on it yet.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back