Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floor jacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmeyer

MIS
Mar 6, 2003
US
I am looking to install a set of telephone/ethernet jack in the conference room floor, under the table. I regularly use panduit mini-com jacks and I am trying to figure out how to make this work. I am also considering running lines for the ceiling mounted projector, so I would like a solution that would be flexible to the needed connections. The panduit mini-coms have quite a bit if the prefered flexiblity.

What box should be installed, what kind of face plate should be use.

Thanks

No Box, we will be installing a box and conduit. The floor was open for other work and thought it would be a good time to add a box for at least the polycom on the table.

The local good hardware store had a single gang electric outlet box for the floor, but I was really looking for double gang for this.

what you need is a floor box , sparky usually installs them and we just cable to them .

dont use a single or double gang electric from the hardware.

if you use a floor box use a double gang , and two conduit runs then you could always add electric later if you had the need .

why not call a electrecion and have him iinstall one and run the conduit for you he will know what you need and what will be code compiant

Thanks,
I have electric already in the floor, so this wouold be a seperate box in the floor. I am just trying to get some ideas here for our maintence guys.

Home Depot has 2 kits. 1 Has a brass faceplate with closing little doors for the inserts and a plastic box. The second one has a plastic faceplate with doors and a box. I think the brass one was about $45 and the plastic was $30.
This is assuming that you have access to the ceiling underneath the floor so you can get cable to the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back