Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floating footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

theogary

Programmer
Mar 3, 2003
US
I have several pages of varying lengths. so my page footer floats around the page. is there a way to keep the footer on the bottom of the page where it belongs. Is the a dynamic method.

If you are using tables, just set the height of the main table to 100%. In the td tag for your footer, set valign="bottom". You will probably need to set the other valign's to "top" to account for the pages that don't fill up the entire page.

If you want to go the CSS route:
(awesome site a friend showed to me the other day)

Please note that the "height" variable is not rendered correct in all browsers...

What I personal do is create a 1x1 gif (small load size) and make this gif non color and no backgroundcolor.
Insert the pixel in your a column that covers 100% of the height of the table. Set the height of this pixel to the prefered height(500px??) of your page and VOILA you have a constant height!

Good luck

Mike

Some people can learn, some people can teach.

Look for dynamic CSS on the web. You can make a DIV tag (containing any HTML you want) stick, or float constantly at the bottom of your page, like those Jvascript menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back