Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flexworkers share computer (TAPI registration problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpit

MIS
Aug 5, 2011
NL
Hello All,

I have multpliple users who came in on different workingdays. These users share a computer, not a useraccount. However, I have to manually hack the registry to have another phone register TAPI to the workstation, and than reboot. Isn't there a simpler way to do so?

Regards,
Tommie

Yeah, for the one day they are working here? They're a bunch of students trying to make an extra buck. I am just astound Avaya has not thought Flexworking through TAPI wise.

Tapi isnt an Avaya thing, but a Microsoft thing. Perhaps a TAPI server would be better?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Try exploring 3rd party TAPI rather than 1st party TAPI. Problem is I think TAPI exploits HKEY_Local, not user, so its to the system which is why you need to do what your doing.

If you had a 3rd party TAPI server with a CTI app, you could then just let your staff enter the extension number for their session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back