Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flexiblity question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbob

MIS
Apr 25, 2002
US
I am trying to change the Profit center on the order entry screen based on whether a userfield has the word "DEMO" in it.

The idea of this is to redirect demo sales to a different profit center.

The profit center is currently being set to the profit center assigned in the customer type maintance, and we are using the order assignment of profit center.

Within flexibility in the OE screen I cannot find the field labeled profit center is actually the main account number.

Any Ideas.

Bob

It sould be easier to classify all "DEMO" customers as a specific customer type. Then you would not have to worry about writing any flex code at all.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Only certain orders go out as Demo, any customer can have a Demo order. The order is almost certain to be returned.

Bob

The profit center can be set as you described above. If I remember right....this field is a little tricky to set since Macola is using a control with several text areas in it. The code can be written on the Got_focus event to check the contents of the userfield.

Pretty simple code. You or your VAR should be able to get it in there no problem.

Andy

Andy Baldwin

Thanks for the help it was macform.prfctr.text2

Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back