Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flexible adaptation of the dimension line in Powerplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2001
BE
Hi,

I created a multiple-query cube using Transformer for Windows 6.61. In the current cube setup, users see 'NA' or zero whenever a measure does not apply to a particular dimension or level.
The users, however, would like to see the dimensions or levels, to which a measure does not apply to, be put in color, italic or simply disabled in the dimension line. I've tried to implement dimension views, but these cannot be used in a flexible way.

Thank you.

I think that what you try to do is impossible.

You can hide dimensions from the dimension line but that's something static, it can't change depending on the choosen measure.

About category format (colours, font ...) there's no way to change it from the dimension viewer.

You could try to change category format with custom exceptions, but this will apply to the crosstab only.

Good luck,
Emili

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back