Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flat head, or panhead screws used in the wall mount kit. size? thread type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarenot

Vendor
Aug 30, 2003
US
tech lost the flathead, or pan head screws from the wall mount kit. Anyone have any idea what size these are so I can get some ordered?

They are #8-32. Length is about 1/4 inch but longer is OK.

i generally use no more nails or araldyte , that or chewing gum

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Those are the flatheads that sit flush with the outside of the unit?

I am speaking of the flathead screws, not the screws for mounting the devices to the wall.

use rivets, much quicker and flush with the mount.
(be sure to do it right the first time)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I prefer to use these as sometimes it just don't fit in a 19" rack with the standard delivered screws and with these you can slam the unit in the rack[purpleface]
images

The screws I am talking about are the flat head screws that when screwed in are flush with the surface. The flathead screws are the ones I need. The head would be flush, not sticking out. They are the only flathead screws in the mix that I am aware of.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=488589c3-f785-4111-a646-0e0aad859cf9&file=72103-2T.jpg
I am lost, you know exactly what you want and then ask here what to use? Stayed up late last night?
64b011_82b57e54871cfa0d535bc717da177205.jpg

That is the style of pan head screw. What I do not know is the size. That is not the same size, or the exact screw. This seems to be of no use here, I am just going to order the $60.00 wall mount kit again, and just use the screws out of it, and throw the rest away.

My distributor wont respond with the screw specs, Avaya wont respond with the screw specs after 2 days to atac. I guess they don't care.

The kit screws has always been panheaded, but the sheet metal is pretty thin, so anything between 3.0-3,5 mm will fit.
Those hexagon screws will not be completely flush, but much better than the original once that snags in the 19" racks

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

The screws that go into the rack are not the type I am looking for. The machine screws are the ones I am looking for. They screw in flush, and hold the bracket to the IPO. Flat head, flush head as they are countersunk holes, and machine screws. I guess maybe I needed to be more clear.

Oh, I understood you quite well from the beginning, but I'm starting to think you talk about the IPO wall mount v3 (the new model, making the IPO look like a 70's bread box). Use the counter sunk 3mm machine screws

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

you do
because these are know as "Countersunk Screws" not flat head.
you have already been provided with more than enough information in this thread to be able to identify & source the type of screws you require.

to be absolutely honest even if you do not have basic engineering knowledge (which would be perfectly understandable if you are in purchasing) your engineer should have been able to give you the basic specification of what he requires

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I agree, I mispoke on the screw type, and thanks for the help from everyone.

Sorry man, we only use the simple rack mounting kits and not de one with the goose wings. My mistake.

We don't use V2 or V3 wallmounts and i do not see a reason either to use them.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back