Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flashing system

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgjw

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
US
what i have: 5-slot carrier lucent partner acs
(308ec module r3.0)x3,
(acs proc. r3.0)x1, and
(partner mail vs r4.0)x1
my problem: i plug in electric cord, i plug in phone cord, i plug in phones on extensions 10 and 11 and the system just flashes forever. i pick up the handset and i hear dead air flashing with the system. any suggestions?

Break the system down to verify the problem lies in a specific piece of hardware or module.

Take the CPU out of the 5 slot, plug the power cord directly into the CPU and see if it works. If it does, I'd bet you have a bad 308 module. Put the CPU back in the 5 slot and back all the 308s and vmail out a couple inches and power the 5 slot. If it comes up, power down and seat 308 in slot 1 and repower. Repeat, adding slot 2, then slot 3 and then 4 until you isolate the offending module.

If the CPU does not fire up independent of the 5 slot, you could try getting into programming (if it will let you) and do a #989CLEAR to default it. If it won't let you in programming, I'd try to flash it with an R5 upgrade card to see if that would cure it. If not, it's hosed: replace it.

thank you. that problem is solved. now everytime i try accessing voice mail i get a busy signal. with or without the partner mail vs mailbox expansion card inserted. i press left intercom 777 and its busy. when you call my number with the card in it - it rings once then says 'now tranfering to the receptionist' then it rings 4 times and an old message comes up 'thank you for calling (company name) to talk to this guy press *813 to talk to that guy press *814 and so on. if i dont push anything it starts the cycle over again 'now transfering to the receptionist' how do i get in to change the message? or do i need a new card?

Sounds like the voice mail extentions aren't added to hunt group 7.

Don

The vmail is picking up on an inbound ring because ringing is assigned to the vmail ports in error.

Your voicemail port extensions should be 46 & 47 for a 2 port, 44, 45, 46 & 47 for a 4 port. Remove ringing from all lines on those extensions and put the extensions in hunt group 7. Set transfer return extension for each voicemail extension to 10. Hit 777 and you should be in and ready to set up.

The vmail is ringing busy now because no extensions are assigned to vmail hunt group 7. The odd message is playing because it is the mailbox greeting of extension 10, which is recieving the call after it trasnfer recalls back to the vmail from a timeout from not being setup transfer to 0.

Did you move the cards to different slots? The Partner 5-slot carrier is location-dependent; you must plug things in the "right" place or they won't all work. If you moved them around, put them back where they were and try again. Howard Dingman
Pro-Tel Communications
Endicott, NY 13760
mailto:hdingman@holocom.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back