Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flashing on light w/long tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyontz

Technical User
Feb 2, 2002
US
Sometimes my computer gives off a long tone (beep like only one long beep-probably 30 seconds or longer)and at the same time the power on light flashes. The computer continues to work during this. I assume this is some type of signal of a problem, but I am not sure of what.

Do you have the manual for the motherboard in your PC?
If not try and find out the make/model and download it from the manufactures website.
It should tell you what the long beep means as it is probably a fault diagnostic tool relating to something like video/memory etc. Martin Vote if you found this post helpful please!!

Here is a website that will give you the beep codes for many different bios manufacturers. You need to check and see what your BIOS is and then you can look at the chart to find the reason for the error
Hope this helps

Joelee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back