Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flashing BLF indications for logged out hotdesk user

Status
Not open for further replies.

odiefoxydog

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
GB
Hi,

We have a customer with a CX on MCD 4.1 SP2 who has recently re located and has had all his users's deleted & reprogrammed. The user's are hotdesk users and we have set up dss/blf keys on the phones that are flashing (as expected) when the users are logged out.

However, the customer swears blind this was not the case before he moved and the keys didn't flash if a user was logged out.

I'm sure that the option to turn off the flashing lamp for a hotdesk user came in on 4.2 but looking at the help files on his system the following extract indicates that the lamp should be off on the dss info but flashing on the hot desk info

From hotdesk help
Program BLF Indicator to Monitor an Agent's Status
You can program a Busy Lamp Field (BLF) indicator on an IP Phone, PKM, or 5550 IP Console to monitor a Hot Desk user's status. Program the BLF key on the monitoring device against the Hot Desk user's directory number. When the Hot Desk user is logged out, the BLF indicator lamp on a IP Phone or PKM blinks at a rate of 438 mS OFF; 62 mS ON. On a 5550 IP Console, logout status is indicated by the appearance of the icon in the BLF panel.

From DSS Help
The following conditions apply to BLF indication of Hot Desk user logout (out of service):

When a Hot Desk user logs out, the BLF indication of logged out status (lamp extinguishes) has priority over all other BLF indicator states.

BLF indication of logged out Hot Desk users is supported by phones, PKMs, and 5550 IP Consoles. Other consoles do not support this feature.

BLF indication of logout status only applies to Hot desk users.

Can any one confirm whether we can turn off the flashing lamp on his current version of software? I suspect he may have had key system programmed before!

Thanks in advance
Jules

I believe there was a system option added for that functionality

Check your system options

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks,

Both the BLF system options are set to no which seems to be correct checking the help files. The MCD 4.2 notes indicate that the cos option was introduced at that level t turn the flashing lamp off but just wanted to check i'd not missed anything. :)

Jules

That sounds right. I seem to remember lots of complaints about flashing lights until they added the ability to turn it off.

4.2 you say? That sucks seeing as you're 4.1

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back