Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flashing Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Righty

IS-IT--Management
May 24, 2001
US
What are the exact steps to flashing a BIOS in a Compaq computer?

Just to reinforce what grez has said... make absolutely sure you have the correct upgrade for your exact model of motherboard and you follow the instructions to the letter. An incorrectly performed flash or an attempt to flash with the wrong file can and probably will leave you with a completely and permamently dead motherboard.

Help us to help you, please post back and tell us if this helped.
All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Alternatively, take it to a Compaq dealer and pay a few dollars, it could be a lot cheaper in the long run.

I found the correct bios to download but while I am flashing the BIOS it has a flashing message saying "Please Wait!" This has been going on for over an hour. It asked me to name a file and it seemed to save it to my diskette. What do i do now? Do I shut the machine down and turn it back on? Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back