Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash4 "inactive feature"

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonmancps

Vendor
Jun 1, 2002
US
I've got a Flash4 hooked up to a 616DS w/DR5. It's been working fine for a couple years. Now it's not.I can't access it F983..Inactive feature. or any other F98_ code.
If I icm to dn 35 I get to a log screen but can't log in to any mb or admin. (they can't all be invalid pswd.) And the other icm dn 36 always says busy. I've reset the pwr. on both the vm & the sys. a few times with no effect. Any info on how to bring this thing back to the living would be welcomed. Thanks

Did you hook a phone to the port you re using for Flash? (to verify station port Good)Try feature 9*1 to see if features are present,also try F**XFTEST to see if the Feature codes are there.
I forgot, you need to do feature 903 to see the range.
Good Luck!!

Power down one more time, power up again. Let it run a good 5 minutes then try a F903 first. It should tell you your feature code range. Just say okay to it. Then do a F983. It might ask you for password instead of log. It is looking for 266344. Run through your config. Usually you just say ok or next to everything and let it set up.
Then you can do the normal feature 983 and log in as usual.

MRoberts

I hate to but in but. I just set one of these up and then I did a feature 915 added a monitor and rebooted and lost contact completely as described the little led shows 45 then 00 (seems like its rebooting and I really don't have a way to tell) Didn't want to start a new thread since the topic is the same any thoughts would help (put my old vm backup and got it running fine)

I know I'm an idiot for messing it up but I was trying to change the IP address to one that was on my network. Can you add a monitor/keyboard to this thing and if so how ?

Thanks

Your Feature codes are allready assigned. You likly had a power failure or something. To correct this enter:

Feature **XFTEST
Password = CONFIG

In here you can test and release Feature Codes being held by the system and not in use.

Thanks guys, that did it. I had to reconfig it, but at least it's not locked up anymore. It aways looks better to my customers when I fix the stuff. I have no idea what made it lock up in the first place. But anyway Thanks again. Phonman Kansas city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back