Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash works over Internet, but not over LAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamtate

Technical User
Dec 18, 2002
GB
We are hosting our school website on a server on our network.

If you go to you will see a flash news ticker on the right hand side.

Obviously due to logic, to get to our website on the LAN we cannot use we use instead.

That flash ticker can be viewed from anywhere outside of the network, but when I go to the flash ticker is just like an object placeholder.

If I go to WHICH IS THE FLASH FILE, I can view it fine!!!

As soon as that flash file is embedded into that webpage I cannot view it again.

Has anybody ever seen this before? I'm completely confused!

Thanks In Advance

Adam Tate

That'd be because I've sacked the idea off completely and now I'm trying Java instead!!! Not ideal but it may work better??? I dunno... my head is just mashed!

absolutely certain sir!! its the first time ive ever had this problem, but it's really got to me this time!!! i hate being beaten!

hmmm... very peculiar... as someone once told me, at best html is a suggestion.

[conehead]

Sounds like a sandbox (security) issue. Flash has some protections against loading information from sites/services other than you own.

See the topic on Cross-domain and subdomain access between SWF files in your Flash help system. Maybe that is what is causing your issue.

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Er... yeah!

I'll have one of what you just said with fried rice please!?

LOL... try this...

Look it up. Search Flash help on "sandbox" and look for the topic in bold above.

No Soy please.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back