Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash volume low on recorded messages only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UViewIT

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2007
CA
Recently one of my users reported that he found the volume on recorded messages to be very low when remotely checking his voicemail on the flash unit.

I called in from home after-hours to confirm, I recorded a message in my own mailbox then called back in to play it back. The volume of the recorded message was indeed low and was noticeably different than the volume of the auto attendant.

Are there any settings or adjustments that can be made to increase the recording or playback volume, asides from using the volume controls on the phone handset?

Try pressing * while the message is playing. There are 3 settings. This is only for the messages, not the prompts

ajNtek
[ponytails]

Unfortunately I've tried that and the max volume isn't much better at all. There aren't any system settings that I can see to boost the volume, nor are there any pots or adjusters on the flash box for changing it either.

Any other ideas?

What systems do you have? If it is a MICS or CICS try changing the loss package to long CO or long PBX.

When in doubt RTFM (read the friggin manual)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back