Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Voicemail problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneman1981

Technical User
Aug 16, 2009
US
Hello: I am trying to help a customer with an outage on a Flash VM connected to a 616 cabinet. It has been working good for many years. But just recently quit answering
calls? The voicemail is not completely dead. Power light on Flash is good. You can do a F985. You can attempt to open a mailbox, the canned prompts play if you do not
enter digits. If you try to leave a message F981? and enter the mailbox number, then you get "no mailbox exists". I know the mailboxes did exist in the past. I cannot access
the administors mailbox. I even did a reset on the adminstrators mail box passcode and still cannot access the mailbox. Any thoughts?

Try resetting the VM by unplugging the power cord. Then plug it back in, wait a couple minutes, then try to access it.

Money may not buy you happiness, but in MLB it buys you CHAMPIONSHIPS. (27 and counting). MLB,stands for Major League Baseball for you slower Boston Fans!

Try F903, if works then say ok to the codes.

Then (or if F903 is invalid)go to F983

If says Password then you have lost everything and need to do a startup and re-config the mail system.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Curly is right....
It sounds like there was something that hit the voicemail system and it reset itself back to default.

I think you may have to re-build the mailboxes and Auto Attendant.

Hello: I want to thank each one of you for your help. I had already tried to reboot the VM with no good results. The F903 did not work. So I did a F983 config and rebuilt the mailboxes and AA. I do not work on Nortel equipment as much as I used to, I am a little rusty. Your suggestions saved me time in looking up the info in paper manuals. My customer is back up and working again and very pleased. Thanks again everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back