Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrock

MIS
Apr 21, 2003
US
I removed a CICS with 4.2 software with 2 digit DN's. It had a Flash Voice Mail with 2.0 software connected to it. Then I replaced it with a MICS 0x32 with 6.1 software with 3 digit DN's. Then I connected the Flash Voice Mail with 2.0 software to it.Then I went through the reinstall procedure: Feature 983 121234 Pressed 1 Yes ok . Then the display went immediately back to the time and date. Now I can not access the Voice mail. Anyone have any Ideas.
Thanks Richard

You must change the feature codes back to 98x they are currently 90x. Do feature 903 to restore to 98x

I tried that and it did not reconize Feature 903.

F903 inactive feature
F983 inactive feature
I will have to go back to the location tomorrow and see if x221 has any alarms.
Thanks Richard

sounds like the voice mail hung during reinstall. connect a laptop to the serial (9600 baud), reboot the flash and watch the boot sequence. Watch for error messages. Rebooting the Flash may cure it. Also it can take 3 or 4 minutes after a reinstall for the features codes to become active. Did you wait before trying to enter F903?

In your orginal post you didn't mention that you put in the reinstall password.

shutdown your VM and try your **XFTEST remove all inactive features. Try what telemarv told you but with 1200,8,1,none in hyperterminal with a serial to connetor on the Flash. Then repower your Flash and wait for it to say password. Then try your F903.

I hyper terminaled into the Flash 2.0 :

NVRam Test: Passed
B84test: Passed
Program ROM: Failed Alarm Code: 01E
Base Alarm 01E: Corrupt Program ROM. Halt

Software didn't load correctly on the reinstall. I know it says ROM (Read Only Memory) error but some of the operating system is stored in the RAM (loaded from from the flash card.
Remove the flash card. Open the Flash cabinet. Take 300 to 1000 ohm resistor and use it to short the the 1 farad capacitor on the circuit board. Leave the short in place for about 60 sec to drain it. This will eliminate all memory stored in the Flash except for the operating system. it may or may not cure the corruption. If not the flash 2.0 card is bad.

The flash card is corrupted .Thanks for everyones help.I remembered I had an older Flash card from an upgrade and tryed it and it worked.
Thanks for everyones help
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back