Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Voice Mail won't initialize 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earls56

MIS
Dec 18, 2001
US
I am installing a Flash voice mail system with a NorStar 8x24. The Norstar is a DR5 software.

I am using x257 & x258 for the voice mail. I removed all the line appearances on those two phones.

I have installed the PCMIA card, plug in the two extesions in to the Flash unit, plugged in the power and I am ready to initialize the system.

Here lies my problem - Feature 983 does not work. It comes back with the feature is not available (I don't remember exactly).

I need to do this so I can get the voice mail going. Any ideas or suggestions as to the solution to this problem.

I also tried the 913 just incase it was using the low range numbers.

Also if there are any other little tricks to this, I could use some help. I'd be glad to offer help on larger Nortel equipment, like Option 11, 61, or 81. I am also versed in Symposium.a

Thank you in advance

Verify the exact DR5 version with the Mail version on the compatability charts. If it checks compatible I'd try Feat 903.

Thank you for that. You were correct about the Feature 903. I read about it the first time through, but when I went back to actually do the install, I could find it. Then after your reply, and I did it, I found the info in the documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back