Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash video on web won't play unless page is refreshed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

egims

Technical User
Jun 5, 2001
US
I placed a flash video in a web site. The site URL is:

When visiting the site the video should play immediately, but it doesn't. Instead just a picture displays and the video does not play unless the page is refreshed.

Here is the code I've used:

<tr>
<td align="center" valign="top" height="178" width="230">

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=" width="224" height="176" >
<param name="movie" value="webSiteFilm7.swf">
<PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=true>
<PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=false>
<PARAM NAME=MENU VALUE=false>
<PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=Autohigh>
<PARAM NAME=SCALE VALUE=showall>
<PARAM NAME=ALIGN VALUE=center>
<EMBED SRC="webSiteFilm7.swf" QUALITY=Autohigh WIDTH=224 HEIGHT=176 scale=showall align=center swLiveConnect=false NAME=movie PLAY=true LOOP=false MENU=false TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="
</td></tr>

If you refresh your browser and the movie plays it will work every time thereafter if you don't clear your cache because the movie is cached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for checking. Yes, that is the movie. Strangely though I have checked with IE, FF, and Opera, and while it does run in Opera it does not run in IE or FF. Just the picture which will run if you refresh the browser.

I suspect that you may have somehow tried twice in some way, after which it got in your cache and worked with everything.

Try going to a site like Google, clearing your browser cache, and then going back to the website. It probably won't work the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back