Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash return to a certain frame in a 'different' swf

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawfish

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
GB
I'm just wondering if this is at all possible.

I have a movie called 'msc' which works on about 9 frames, a different page on each frame.
On frame 8 there is a page called 'portfolio', this page has a link that goes to another swf file in another html page called 'textcall' which is in another folder.

What I want to know is, is it possible for me to navigate back in one click to frame 8 of the first swf movie from the textcall html page?

You should be able to do it if you check the box "Named Anchor" in the frame properties. Just treat it like an HTML anchor.

do you mean give frame 8 a frame label?

If so, what then?

sorry, bit of a novice still.

Yes, give the frame a label and right under that box, you should see the checkbox for a Named anchor

No, I dont mean the browser button, I mean a button on the swf file in the page called 'textcall'.

Oh, well then you just need to use something like _parent or _root (depending on what depth you have your clips calling to/from) and then do something like this:

name the keyframe you want to go to in the movie clip and then in the other clip just do

_parent.gotoAndPlay("Main");

or _root.textcall.gotoAndPlay("Main");

And in your postings, I would say that you should refer to things like 'texcall' as movie clips, rather than pages. The term 'page' is generally used to refer to HTML pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back