Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash or call pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxkid1

Technical User
May 29, 2005
US
Customer has a MICS. I'm not sure of the version but I think they are at 3, 4 if they are lucky. They have a flash 2.0.10 that has died. It goes to inactive feature until power cycled then it works for a few minutes then same problem. I have tried switching power supplies but it did not fix the problem. The system and phones are working fine and the programing is done the way they like. Should I replace the flash with a call pilot or another flash?

My understanding is that they would also require a software upgrade if used with a call pilot, something I have never done. I would like to not have to reprogram the system.

Also when the flash is working that short time, their greetings and voice mails work. Would it be possible to just replace the flash unit and use the same software card?

Thanks

Write down the programming while the Flash still works. No, the Flash card is the s/w, the programming is on the cabinet. I'm sure you can get a Flash on the cheap and reprogram.

Adversity is Opportunity

If you were looking at a callpilot they start working on MICS 4 and later.
I agree with dewey that you could probably find a startalk flash online on the cheep. try for 2.0 again
your software flash card may still be good but would you want to risk the headaches if it is not?

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

I found that the MICS is DR 4.1. I think I will go with the flash. Why reprogram the system when it is working. Please correct me if I am wrong, on the flash the software card is at the top and goes into the right side. There is a "module" the goes into the front of the flash if I remember it has a number 4 by it what is that for?

Thanks again

That's to take it from a 2-channel Vmail to a 4-channel Vmail. You are correct otherwise.

Adversity is Opportunity

If the system is MICS 4.1 you would not need to reprogram it.
The callpilot would work just fine. If you went with a callpilot you have the advantage of being able to administer
it via a web browser and you can back it up.

Rick

CP's are great, just make sure you get enough keycodes for the users. It is a more expensive way to go, but you'd be better served in the long run.

only disadvantages between call pilot and flash is having to buy a bunch of licensing to get back to the 24 mailboxes on a flash and that the CP tops out at 40 mailboxes vs 48 on a flash.

Hill?? What hill??
JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Jerry:

It depends on which CP. I have a customer w/ 300 mailboxes on their CP150.

Yes, just looking at the near size compatable, I think of the CP 150 as trying to be the equivalent of the NAM.

Hill?? What hill??
JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back