Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Needs to be ReFreshed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyucknyucknyuck

Technical User
Jan 29, 2008
US
To reproduce the problem I am experiencing, go to:

In the right margin there is a preview player that will play a 5 min clip of a training video. This is working fine.

The problem: Now click on the FULL LENGTH PREVIEW button below the clip player (no need to register, you can use: userid: flash and password 123456 to get in).

Notice that the full length preview is clocking. The only way for customers to see the full length preview is to refresh the page (which most of them do not know to do).

Do you know what is causing this?

Thanks for any help! I'm going crazy!

Thanks, I asked the guy who did the PFH to look at it and he tried some Onload Reload javascript but it had no affect.

Could it be the player itself. Customer are really getting angry and going away. Any help would be appreciated.

> I asked the guy who did the PFH to look at it and he tried some Onload Reload javascript but it had no affect.

Well that's nothing to do with the PHP. It's just dodgy Javascript hack attempt - you cannot just reload on onload, even if it worked that's not a "solution".

Create a plain HTML document with your FLV player but without PHP to see if that causes the same issue. If it does, then the problem is not the PHP, but if it doesn't the problem is the PHP.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back