Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash movies and swf

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilc

MIS
Feb 20, 2002
HK
hi
i have a problem that , i put some flash screens in an html page now problem is that when i run it on my computer then it works fine but i tried to run on other computer then i have to install the whole flash to run it even though my browser does support swf , what should i do?

Theres no way round this unfortunately. To run a flash movie you have to have flash player installed. If you try and open a movie on a computer without flash player it will automatically try to download it from the macromedia website. Most people have flash installed so its not too much of a problem usually. Otherwise, try making an alternative HTML based site, and give people the option of which site to view.

Hope this helps Nick (Web Designer)

nick@retrographics.co.uk

1. Supposedly 96-98% of users are flash compatible so you are dealing with a very minute problem if any.

2. If you publish with Flash Publish settings then the script will run a detection automatically and take them to the 15 sec download if they do not have the flash player installed already. Regards,
TulsaJeff

cd_tektips.gif

You could allways run a projector file on this other computer, or e-mail a projector file... Then it would play regardless is the Flash player is installed or not.

Regards,
new.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back