Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash movie running slowly in director 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisrf

Technical User
Dec 20, 2001
GB
I have a movie made in flash 5 which runs fine in a browser, but is slow when put into director 8. Does anyone know why this is and how I can overcome this problem?

It's a known issue.
Firstly, avoid using F5 in D8
Might be unpredicatable.
Also, Director renders flash anims extremely slowly. It's a lot better at handling bitmaps and movies.

Mayuresh

Yes its not brilliant but I have used it ok just have to be a bit more cautious (useing direct to stage, no funny ink effects and also toggle low high quality if using heavy animation)

Also check the frame rate of your director movie. Your flash movie runs at the frame rate of your director movie.

Thanks all,

I've tried changing the frame rates but there is no real difference and using Flash 4 gives better results but is still slow. I think I just have too much movement in the flash movie so I'll probably have to change my design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back