Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash menu not working with MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssanai80

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
i have two problems. if you could help me out, it'll be much appreciated.
1)on the webpage i'm working on ( ) the flash menu on the main page does not link to the proper pages when clicked upon on machintosh machines. Is this a compatibility issue? everyone on the page works fine on pc's.....
2) on the flash menu of the same page above, when the mouse is over the menu image, it flashes and makes a "click" sound. it seems to "refresh" itself and making a "click" sound everytime the menu flashes. I'm not too sure how to fix that problem...or if it's even fixable. Any idea how to get rid of the annoying sound? i bet it's something simple..but i don't know.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

Ssanai80,
1- What browser are you using on the Mac? Might not be your problem, but there aer a lot of problems reported with IE 5.x on Mac. Try using NS to see if you get it to work!

2- I can see the flash on the buttons and what you report as being a sort of "refresh" happening, but I don't hear any sounds. How did you desing those buttons... i.e. the up, over, down, and hit states. What's your actionscript on these?

;-)

thanx, oldtemp for your response. well, I hear "click" sounds on the refresh. But I noticed that I didn't hear it on some other machines. it's the same sound i hear when I click on a link. or when I click on "back" button on the browser. Maybe it's just my machine..i'm not sure. but I still don't understand why the refreshing is happening. Is it supposed to happen? my web designer is on a vacation and I'm trying to fix this small thing myself. Looking at the .fla file, it looks like the button is normal on up. brightens on over and darkens on down. there is no keyframe for hit. I'm pretty new to flash. Hope what I said made sense.

Was this thing designed on Mac, rather than on Windows Pc?
Can you right-click on one of the button on the stage, hit actions, copy & paste the actionscript, and post here?
Or maybe even e-mail me the .fla... I could have a look at it!

francoisgill@hotmail.com

;-)

Ssanai80,

Try this on both machines:

Of course, this is only the Flash navigation bar, you won't see the rest of your page... But see if the buttons give you the right pages and seem to work normally. Use the back button on the browser to come back to the menu and not the home button on each page, otherwise you'll end up back on your version of the site.
Shouldn't be any sound clicks since there's no sound in your .fla.

Post or e-mail me the results.

;-)

Ssanai80,

Been trying to reply to you (on your this morning... "it works!") but keep getting a delivery failure notice on your address, using reply.
Sure your e-mail is up? Can you email me another address?

;-) If you're stuck with lemons... Make lemonade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back