Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash memory cards 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeparker

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
GB
We are trying to source a replacement 4M Flash Memory card, but preferably not at the price Ayaya want to charge us (GBP 400!).

Unfortunately, the ones we've tried so far haven't worked. Does anyone know what specification (Series 1/2 etc) the original cards are?

Have you checked that the write protect tab along the edge is in the correct position? To write, the switch should be on the position closest to the center of the card. It be pre-formatted prior to usage to your system. Check and see if you are getting any errors with the new cards.

-Jay

Mike,

Hi, as i understamd it the problem isn't with the cards (Type II) - it's with the way they are formatted, using a unix format that makes them harder (delibaretly?) to source. However, if you give me your e-mail address I can maybe help you with this.

Hope this helps,

Chris

For pre-R9 software you need Intel (or compatible) linear (i.e. not ATA) Series 2 flash card. Unfortunately Intel stopped manufacturing such cards. There are compatible cards from different manufactures but they are less spreaded than ATA flash cards.

Problem is if you get the right card it needs to be formatted correctly like Armo said, however speaking to a avaya rep earlier, it seems that on a pre-V9 switches they can (re)format the cards using their craft logon.
After V9, Avaya removed that from the switch , and they now use a PC based application to do it.
If anyone ever finds out, or knows the proper format I'd like to know as well, as I have a (original Avaya)card I like to reformat,as it contains some stuff I want to delete off.

Telcoguy,

You can read the files (and delete them) using a laptop - atleast i can using xp.

Mike,

The only reason i asked for your mail address was because i've got a few flashcards that i don't need (i seem to collect them being a Field Engineer)

Hope this helps,

Chris

Thanks for the hint Chris,
have to see if I can get hold of a machine with XP, as I use WIN2000 on mine, and it recognizes the card but sees it as an unformatted new card.

Chris, I might be interested in a card if you have a spare. I have two but really could use a third for when I want to save drastic changes for rollback purposes. Also, do you have any idea of the life expectancy of a card? Mine are about 3 years old each.
-Jay

Jnatoli@nymi.net

I would like to know if anyone has any extra pre-formatted cards for sale as I could use about 5 of them for switch backups/disaster recovery.

Thanks,

AVM

Sorry, I should have included a little more detail. I use 8 MB ATA SanDisk cards for a G3V9.

Thanks,

AVM

I need some cards for g3csi v9+ and also for pre v9 g3CSI...

Any of you have spares, let me know...

a.silvestre@verizon.net

Do any of you guys have G3r tapes available?

We're out of budget and Avaya (and partners!) want over GBP 500 each for them and we need about 4.

Thanks

Tony "Question - How do you know when you've run out of invisible ink???"

Call 1-800-632-0585 and ask for a sales rep to give you a price on Definity G3R Tape.

This is a Canadian/US Business Partner who could give you a really good price on that tape.

Worth a call...

Netcon1

Is the switch pre 9 if so simply put the card in the switch and Use the FORMAT command. dont remember exact command but but a format then f5 will make it obvious to you.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back