Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash MBox problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

randall5

Vendor
Mar 20, 2002
US
OK-
I have a customer with a CICS and a Flash VM, not sure of the version. Mailbox 21 can access her mailbox but she has 6 saved messages that she cannot access. After she logs in, she presses the 6 key to check saved messages and is presented with the display "Cannot continue" and then "Exit" and the system dumps her. She can listen to new messages. I have changed the Class of Service on the mailbox (in case it was a matter of storage time) to no avail. Now, I go to the educated community and ask "Please help me!!!!!"

Randy
ATS

Sounds like mailbox could be corrupt. I would delet mailbox and recreat.

Good Luck!!

Randy, check the release of the Flash. That was known issue that was corrected by Flash Rls 1.7. Also, if your CICS is above 4.0 you must have Flash Rls 1.9 or above.
ITAS-SRN-007, dated January 21, 1998.

You need to first reboot vmail because it will not let you delete the mailbox untill its rebooted but even a reboot can fix some types of corruption.
spoclogo2.jpg

I've seen this before where the mbx was full. I had to delete saved messages before it would allow access to the new ones. Or you could create a dummy mailbox, forward the saved msgs to it, then delete. Then forward them back to your original box when you have fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back