Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash/JavaScript/Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to make sure the SWLIVECONNECT parameter is set to true in the <embed> tag.

Read this note about it:

This example works both in IE and NS, so it's surely possible.
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

Does my above example work for you with your version of NS?
If so it definately points to something in your code, and without having a look at it, I can't help you more than I have.
If my example doesn't work, well maybe it's your version of NS? Which is?
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

I'll get u a copy of the code.... we're using a CF backend. netscape 4.76 and 6.0.

Here tis:
I had him send the offMovie variable to Flash and Flash constantly test for the value then performs a number of events

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript'>
<!--
function flashFocus(onOff) {
window.document.EsotericNav.SetVariable(&quot;offMovie&quot;, onOff);
}
-->
</SCRIPT>

heres the rest of the code:

<div align=&quot;center&quot;><OBJECT id=&quot;EsotericNav&quot; classid=&quot;clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000&quot;
codebase=&quot; WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=65>
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE=&quot;Esoteric_Menu_0_1b.swf&quot;> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000000> <EMBED name=&quot;EsotericNav&quot; src=&quot;Esoteric_Menu_0_1b.swf&quot; quality=high bgcolor=#000000 WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=65 TYPE=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; PLUGINSPAGE=&quot; swLiveConnect=true></EMBED>
</OBJECT></div>

Maybe you could see something that we dont ... thanks for taking the time....

P.S. We should all prey for the people lost in NY and for the safety of our nations to come. The FlashGuy :)

paul.Dwinell@MitekCorp.com
Mitek Corporation

Sorry, don't see anything wrong with your embed code! Not sure about NS6.0 but this should work with NS4.76
Could it be from the function your using?
I know it's a pain but can't you test this with something simple like the color change done in my example?
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

We can try... Our programmer will be back in a couple of days.. we'll try it then.

Thanks for the input!!!
The FlashGuy :)

paul.Dwinell@MitekCorp.com
Mitek Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back