Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash is back 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

appleone

Technical User
Jun 11, 2006
US
I'm trying to flash a BIOS on a Trigem board. I have downloaded the files and unpacked them to a floppy and have tried to boot with it. I get a series of quick beeps. is this normal when flashing. Also, i looked for a jumper near the MBo and can't find one. I could not find a manual. The BIOS is amibios 586 the Mbo is 586-0429. I have not fried the board yet. There is suppose to be a jumper to tell it to program. Does anyone know were i can find this manual and the series of quick beeps?
Thanks

Thanks i found that page too. I used AMI flash utilitly to update to ver 1.20. I'm not sure if there is more newer one. I wanted to flash the bios because it is outdated and i intend to upgrade the processor and hardrive that otherwise will not be upgradeable. I was scared at first Because i have not done it before but, it worked I read a lot and googled a lot. thanks again and if anyone knows if i can upgrade to a newer version please let me know.

btw- the string is
52311C-122598-00101111-071595-VT598-DELHI3
AMI 7/15/95

thaks

appleone,
From the date of your BIOS (7/15/95) it dosen't sound like your MoBo is Y2K compliant. Your clock should be reading year 192x or there abouts. If there is not a newer Bios I would use this system for a door stop.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back