Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash in Quicktime

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyne69ball

Technical User
Feb 26, 2001
US
Hello all!

I appologize if this is too off topic but I was wondering if anyone has had much experience with using dynamic Flash inside of Quicktime. A client has approached me... said it could be done, so I'm always up for the challenge. I just dont know where to start.

I tried a thread at the Quicktime forum, but not much help there.

I would love feedback that anyone may have regarding this matter!

The FlashGuy :)

paul.Dwinell@MitekCorp.com
Mitek Corporation

QT only now supports Flash 4... So be prepared to alter your Flash 5 syntax!

Some of these may shed some light... And there are many others out there!

Regards,
new.gif

Oldnewbie, long time no talk. I believe I still owe you a beer! :) I'll end up owing you an 18 pak in no time, huh? :)

Anyways, so QT only supports Flash 4. Yeeeeeeeeeeyuk!!!!! that could be a small problem. I'll check out the links though. Thank you once again!

Cheers! The FlashGuy :)

Mitek Corporation

I've done a few QuickTime / Flash presentations and it works really well although the file sizes can be absolutely enormous (I've had a two minute presentation run to almost 60 MB).

Make sure that you are using Quicktime 5 if you do try one as Quicktime 4 only supports Flash 3. Also QT5 is pretty flaky about supporting certain Flash 4 features but if you stick to the basics of timeline animation and movieclips you can get some useful results.

That last link on Oldnewbie's post has been the most helpful! They really break it down. Good Find!

It says that if you want interactivituy to use Flash as the Authoring tool and export as QT.

I noticed that Flash 5 has the export to QT as well. Does that mean that you can use Flash 5 as long as you stick to the basics?

The FlashGuy :)

Mitek Corporation

A lot of things won't work!
But, best thing is to try them!
You should also set export settings to Flash 4, in the Publish Settings.

Regards,
new.gif

Well, Thanks for the advice! I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Have a great week folks! The FlashGuy :)

Mitek Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back