Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash in Director 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulskin

Instructor
Oct 19, 2002
US
My Flash Sprite in director plays fine then suddenly it stops playing the frames, like it wont go to the next scene, continues the sound but not all of it. What am I doing wrong? the flash wont even play in the director preview but plays all the way thru in flash player.

maybe your Director stage is to short. Put the event like this on the frame where is your Flash movie is imported on the stage of Director.

On exitframe me
go the frame
end

This event make a loop, so the stage will not reach the end before the end of flash movie.

P.S. sorry for my English

I used that code actually i had several flash movies i set into director the ones that wont work right are ones with flash action script in it i guess director wont's read it so i have to pull the action script out and use lingo in its place <shrug> unless you have another way I would love to know.

Try and avoid using Flash 5 with Director 8. It's not not recommended by MM.
Also there is a .playing property. So on a frame script you can check the sprite(yourFlashSprite).playing to decide to stay on the frame or move ahead.

Mayuresh

to Manabenz, which version of Flash and Director are OK to use together?
I'm using Director 8.5.

Hi

Then you can use Flash 5. Don't use MX as MM is yet to update the xtras.

Mayuresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back