Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash iframes

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacecodotnet

Programmer
May 17, 2004
US
I was Googling around looking for a straight answer to this question, but the closest thing I could find was somebody in another forum who asked the very question I'm researching:

Hi all,
we have developed a price comparison search for online pharmacies. The pages are PHP and we use a mySQL-Database.
What we need is a flash based system, which we could integrate into another website and which is able to live stream a special version of our comparison search website.

What we don't need is a flash tool that does the database inquieries and calculations by itself - it should be more like a "window" to our own comparison website (this would be no problem with "iframes", but unfortunately we don't want to use those, therefore the idea was using flash)

Despite beeing viewed via flash, the functionality of the HTML-pages like input fields, links must be kept like on the original PHP-pages. I hope I described this understandably.

Now my question: Is it possible to have a flash file using iframes and keeping the functionality of the loaded pages? Including loading of other pages?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Peace out,
Peace Co.

If I undertand you correctly the short answer is no. Flash has only limited support for HTML. You would not be able to use flash as a browser to display 2 sites side by side.

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Yes, i looked for the same thing. I was sadly dissapointed. But there is hope in Flash 8 for there to be support for way more HTML, as it is said there is so far. So perhaps in Flash 8 we will be able to place HTML, PHP, ASP, and many other page types inside. I hope so, cause I could certainly use it.

I hope they have support for embedding things inside Flash in the next release too. My advice is to try and do what I am currently doing...create an HTML and and Flash hybrid page. There are many ways to do this, many of which are more effective than using either Flash or HTML alone.

Skylar Givens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back