Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash - HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

spy1

Technical User
Jun 9, 2006
US
Hi.
I'm trying to figure this out.
My website's main page is in Flash, all the links are to non-flash pages. When I click on the link (on Flash page), another page loads. Well...when I click the BACK button on the browser to go to my main Flash page the whole movie plays again. Is there any way to avoid that? What I'd like to see when I press the BACK button is my main movie's last frames, not the whole animation sequence.
Any thoughts on that?
Thanx.

have you tried making a get URL comment at the end of your movie, and then use that URL to open a movie you've made of just the last frame with the links?..so you delete the "links" frames from your movie, create a new movie with these frames in them...put a get URL at the end of the original movie to open the new movie...there's probably a better way, but I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

Good luck,
Adam

How about a Skip Intro button available throughout the intro. If you hit it, it jumps to the last frame of your movie, where you obviously have a stop action.
Otherwise, you could probably manage to intercept the browser's Back button (with javascript) and redirect it!

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back