Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash header with roll over drop "up" menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nina2001

Programmer
Dec 28, 2001
US
I'm trying to add rollover menus to my page so I won't have two separate nav bars. I have one now on the flash header and one down the left hand side. I read the tutorials on drop down menus but was wondering if someone can take a look at my flash and see if it's possible to add a menu to the existing buttons that would roll up instead of down so I won't have to change the size of my flash header or buttons. It was a template.....that I've put many hours into trying to customize so any help is GREATLY appreciated. Here's the link:

The .fla, .swf, and the text file all all there.

Thanks,

Nina

First off, none of your buttons (left or top navigation), presently work for me. Then some cofusion in your question... Which menu should roll up? The top (header) one?
Have you tried making your movies transparent, so that they appear over the rest of your html content?
Last but not least, I'm still on MX only, and you're either on Mac or on MX2004, so I get an "Unexpected File Format" error, and can't open your .flas. If you're on Mac, the .flas need to be zipped up for us PC users to be able to open them. If you're on MX2004, then the only I can get to them, is if you use Save As..., and save a copy of your .flas as MX only format documents.

Pure genius!! But, nah, couldn't open it either.

But aren't you on MX2004 now?

If so, Nina must be on Mac, and as you know the .fla has to be zipped up for us (excluding me since I'm still on MX only!) PC users to be able to open it up.

Sorry guys. I am not using a mac but the file is in MX2004. I did a save as MX and placed that file up there. It's now

The urls for the buttons are not currently linked to any other pages. I want to get the header working right before I place all the pages online. I want to get the buttons on the top flash header to roll up a menu upon mouse over. That way the menus wouldn't be covering page content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back