Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash element not automatically starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

susaninphoenix

Programmer
Mar 3, 2009
US
Hello,

I’ve got a flash banner that I am trying to use on a page and it isn’t playing automatically all of the time. I can preview it in browsers from Dreamweaver... but....

Once I put it up on the web, it works on one computer in Firefox only, and not Internet Explorer; on another computer it works on Internet Explorer only after I right click on the area it's in and choose Play; and on a third computer it doesn’t work in either browser without choosing play.

The page can be seen at the banner is right at the top, and you can right click on it and choose Play and it plays just fine.

Here is the code for it from Dreamweaver:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase=" width="712" height="226" id="Animations" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" />
<param name="movie" value="Animations.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /> <embed src="Animations.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="712" height="226" name="Animations" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage=" />
</object>

Thanks in advance!

Susan

I appreciate your response, but I don't understand your answer.

BTW: I do have AC_RunActiveContent.js uploaded, which seems to be a common problem I found mentioned elsewhere... so that shouldn't be it.

Thanks!

Susan

I've decompiled your .swf back into a .fla, and seen that you have an ifFrameLoaded(215) action on frame 2 along with a stop action. As I posted above the ifFrameLoaded action is deprecated and is most likely what's keeping your movie from playing since there's a stop(); action on that frame and the fact that you only have 48 frames in this movie.

I suggest you remove all the code on frame 2, and if you do your movie will most likely play.

Next, on frame 5, you have the following code:

this.stop();
setTimeout(this, "nextFrame", 3000);

setTimeout is calling a function named nextFrame which hasn't been defined in this movie, thus which is not happening.

On frame 6, you have the following line:

gotoAndPlay("nextFrame");

That line makes no sense, as it tells the playhead to goto and play a frame labeled nextFrame, which doesn't exist in this movie either.

Regards. CLICK HERE TO DONATE.

VISIT MY FORUM
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back