Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash drive security software no longer works and flash drive inaccess

Status
Not open for further replies.

robheeley

Instructor
Oct 8, 2003
GB
I have an Integral 1GB USB flash drive which has built in password protection which appears as a 3.5 inch floppy drive. I have uninstalled Norton internet security and installed AVG free 8.0. The pc now cannot "see" the floppy drive section of the flash drive and I cannot access it to input the password. This means that the flsh drive is unaccessible. Can anyone help, please?

Can you try accessing the flash drive in another PC?

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Einstein
[tab][navy]For posting policies, click [/navy]here.

A little more clarity please...what device exactly contains this drive? Make/model/spec of flash device? Host device?

Tony

Users helping Users...

Thanks cdogg, I can now access my files through turning the protection off via my other pc. Laptop still can't see the floppy section of the flash drive. BTW the flashdrive is an Integral 1GB usb2 device and the machine a Toshiba Satellite pro A120 running XP with SP2 and 2GB RAM.

Ah, Integral is the brand name...I thought it meant "integrated" like hardwired to the mainboard. How confusing a name can be!

Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for the specs, it cleared things up a bit for me.

Tony

Users helping Users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back