Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Drive on S8500A

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttcsbarry

Vendor
Sep 9, 2003
US
I had to replace the Flash Drive on an S8500A because the backups would fail intermittently and would require a reset to the flash drive to get it to work again. I got the new flash Drive (Addonics AESDD12U2) but I cannot get it to work on this server. I have tried it on S8710, S8500C and another S8500A and it works. Is there a driver that needs to be loaded or something? This is stumping me.

Perhaps you are not having trouble with your drive. It may be a USB problem. (Maybe it's not supplying the power it might need?)

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

There are patches for adding the drivers for cm2 versions
cm3 drivers are in the cm3 generic.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

AvayaTier3,
That makes some sense. The S8500A where it won't work is CM 2.2.2 and the units I tried it on are at 3.1.5. An older Addonics Model AESDMD4U2 seems to work, but I can't leave it there. Where do I find the patches for adding the drivers for CM2.2.2? Is there a special procedure for this or is it the usual patch procedures "update_unpack" and update_activate"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back