Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash disc data recovery. After making a boot disk on the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

overklog

Programmer
Jun 20, 2012
Hey guys

Firstly what happened: I by accident created a boot-able Linux version from a Image on my girlfriends work Flash-drive.

Flash drive works. Drive has been repartitioned followed this tried to create the boo-table drive.Used the "easy way"

Ok so I am sure software like smartundelete will recover about 70% of the drive since only about 20-25% was written over. However what software would be able to recover the rest.

more info:
Device hasn't been booted from.
Mostly recovering Jpeg,PNG and HTML,PHP,javascript,css,pdfs oh and some photoshop files and doc files.

Any help will be appreciated. If I need to send it to a place to recover is there any good places in South Africa?

Regards
Overklog

Hopefully, the original copy of these files is still on the pc at work. . .

I reaslonably sure that if it has been written over, it will not be recoverable by UNDELETE or anu other utility . . .

Did you ever resolve this? Please share what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back