Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash cache woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenpeas

Technical User
Sep 13, 2001
CA
Is it just me, or does Flash hang around in the cache far more than it's welcome? In both IE and NS, I have refreshed about 20 times, including shift+refresh... but it still hangs in there. Even when I delete the file off my server and refresh another 20 times... it's still there.

Why is this? How can I get it out of there and load the new content?

Thanks.

Did you empty your cache?

Regards,
new.gif

you know...this is really wierd but mine has been doing that for several years and it just got to the point that I gave up and resorted to waiting a day or two for it to finally refresh in my browser (Oldnewbie probably remembers my tiresome attempts at correcting this.... now all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago... wham bam! it is fine. I upload it is immediately changed andf I can see it! Its like the evil spell was lifted!

Its a spooky thing if you ask me;-) Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Well, think Tulsajeff has the same problem, and to my knowledge, we've never been able to pinpoint the problem.
Could be a faulty browser installation and/or the OS.
Maybe Tulsa can update you on this!

Regards,
new.gif

Tulsa!
Maybe the Tek-Tips RED WITCHES have other good effects! LOL

Regards,
new.gif

Someone stirred the brew the wrong way and un-hexed my cache...lol

We should suggest a new forum...hex-tips or spook-tips Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

In IE, did you go to "tools","internet options", "delete temporary internet files"...

to empty the cache. this always works fine on my computer.

I did that several times. Then I refreshed and shift-refreshed several times. It is still hung up in there. I have this problem on several different computers.

Have you tried deleting all offline content stored locally as well as clearing history also?
And to your knowledge, does this only happen with .swfs or with htmls also?

Regards,
new.gif

I have also cleared the offline content every time, and the history. This happens only with swfs.

Ever tried to re-install the Flash player? Would that make any sense?

Regards,
new.gif

I don't think so. I recently did a clean Windows install on both my home and work machine, and I still have the same problem on both. One is Windows 98SE, and the other is Windows 2000 Pro. [insert Windows flames here]

I have always had this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back