Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash button

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoymas

Technical User
Jun 6, 2001
US
Hi guys I created an animated button in flash but I do not know how to make it work in dreamweaver. I tried all the options in weaver but the button doesn't work. I even put the button in the flash buttons folder but didn't work, I got an error message.
When I put it as flash object and not as button the animation works fine but it doesn't do anything the way I want it to. Thanks

Does your buttong work in preview? If I understand you...it doesn't work in DW, which I am prety sure it won't...only in preview.
Hope this helps til one of the think tank arrives.

OK, make sure that you use the full URL in Flash when adding in the link information. ( Don't forget the "Target", eg. _blank etc. You didn't mention if you are working with frames or not? abit more info would be useful.

Hi I tell you I've been looking on the net on other forums about this isue and I have not found single site where this isue is answered. I designed the button in flash with the usual four stages. In dreamweaver I designed the pages using leyers. I want the button to go to the next page or another url. I know how to insert a button using the buttons located in the weaver libraries. I hope this helps.If you can give me step by setp instruction I'll apreciate it.I'm a beginner
Thanks

Hi I tell you I've been looking on the net on other forums about this isue and I have not found single site where this isue is answered. I designed the button in flash with the usual four stages. In dreamweaver I designed the pages using leyers. I want the button to go to the next page or another url. I know how to insert a button using the buttons located in the weaver libraries. I hope this helps.If you can give me step by step instruction I'll apreciate it.I'm a beginner
Thanks

Add not a flash button but a flash animation...
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

I did insert it as a flash animation and it does the animation. As soon as you get the mouse over the image it changes the way I designed it to do. But I don't know how to make the 4th stage of the mouse to go to the next page or URL. As you know buttons have 4 stages and here is where I'm stuck. I hope this explanation helps. Thanks

You have to do this in Flash. Double-Click on the Button, and then in the action editor select the "getURL()" command. There enter the destination URL. It should be in an onClick() listener automatically.

Hi thank you for your time. I understand your sugestion and I would appreciate it if you gave me more details about it.
I do know how to open the actions menu and choose the "get URL" option but at this point I'm lost.Thanks

once you choose by double-clicking the getURL action...you will see 3 boxes at the bottom of the actions box.... the first one is where you type your url address... I recommend the full address(
the second box is for the target...this is where you designate a particular frame in a frameset or you can specify _blank for a new window or _self for the same window...etc.

the 3rd box should be set as "don't send" unless you are submitting a form in which case you woud set it as "post" or "get"

hope this helps.

Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

...and the action editor is invoked by double-clicking the button :)...

I want to thank you for the time you put to help me. Now I got it to work OK but here is the question. How do I get it to work only on the Hit stage? I tried to do the same thing on the actions button part but the Get URL option doesn't activate when I double click it. The change I did as you sugested was on the stage part. As soon as the mouse is over the button the link opens the URL address. I hope this is clear for you to understand. Thanks

Did you create a button (in Flash, using F8) and not an object or animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back