Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash and PHP?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLASHfreak1021

Programmer
Dec 11, 2003
US
Hey!
Well, im on my way to creating a website! But, how boring is a static website? I need dynamicness (if thats a word!), something that will stick out. Hmmmmm. What's that? A little whisper said "php and mySQL". I've found a great hosting site ( )
. Started making my Flash. But wait. did I forget something. Oh, yes, the actual dynamicness of the site. So, here I am, wondering, like a million other people, how can you use Flash and PHP together? How are they the dynamic duo? Any sites and/or help appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
FLASHfreak :)

By The Way, it's finally 2004! My new years resolution is to get away from the computer and get outside more!

Also you might check out some PHP sites and forums and search for "flash" - I highly recommend
Are just looking for ideas of something fun to do? Or something useful?

Without object sharing you can do a lot.

If you are new to php I would recommend starting simple like maybe a flash form to contact the webmaster. Pass the variables to to the php page and use the mailto() function.

PHP is very powerful as a database tool (oh how I love php & mysql together!) The sky is the limit with a database. Just get over the hurdle of passing variables to and from flash and php and you have quite a combo.

Thanks a lot! I am starting a webserver, with PHP/mod_perl(CGI)/MySQL. So I am learning alot about these technologies. There really cool! The sky is really the limit when using PHP/MySQL. But I just don't get why they call it PHP when it stands for Hypertext PreProcessor. Shouldn't it be HPP? (Thats a rhetorical question)

FLASHfreak :)
- The Flash Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back