Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

flash and netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerry151

Programmer
Oct 10, 2000
US
How come my movies play in Explorer, yet not in netscape? Why, why, why?!!!!!

Thanks;-) [sig][/sig]

Your question is just half way. Actually this type of problem we had in dreamweaver. But not in flash. So please
give more details or just checkout the settings in the
netscape browser which may not support swf.

Or another idea is to reinstall flash again. while installing it will ask for the default browser as netscape
just click default as it gives. If the swf is playing in
netscape means it won't have any problem in explorer.
Because netscape having lot of limitations. It is very sensitive browser than explorer. Sometimes it will not support javascript. I hope you know javascript is a product of netscape.

so try out the above said things and get back to me.
pryka@rediffmail.com

[sig][/sig]

Thanks for your help.

I havn't tried reinstalling flash yet, as the problem I think lies with dreamweaver. When I drop the flash file into dreamweaver and upload it to the web, it plays perfectly on explorer yet not at all in netscape.

Kerry [sig][/sig]

Hi!

This is just a hunch but I think that when you installed the Flash player, it only installed the flash .ocx file (which is used to play flash movies in your browser) in your Internet Explorer installation. Have you tried viewing any other Flash files with Netscape??? If you have and none of them work goto (using Netscape) and download the player...
Remember, this is just a hunch, but give it a shot and get back to us - I'd be really interested to find out if my guess was right!

Regards, and Good Luck! [sig]<p>Napalm 2000<br><a href=mailto:hlechler@hotmail.com>hlechler@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= 2000's Domain</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back