Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash and GPO 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

arulthas

MIS
Jan 4, 2004
AP
How do i allow flash player via gpo because if the GPO is enabled but nothing is set i cannot load a flash site up soon as i disable the gpo the site loads fine.

/arulthas

Paul
MCSE 2003
MCSA 2003
MCITP Enterprise Administrator

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

hi Paul,

what in my question that you are not clear?
Basically i want to allow only certain program to be run by users and this is control in GPO. I am not sure how to perform this for Flash so i seek assistant here in the forum.

If you know the answer then you should post it here otherwise just leave to the people that know the solution.

But you neither do any of this and try to act smart by saying other stupid by giving the MS KB.

Do you think i want to simply post the question here before looking or searching in net.

/Arulthas.

/arulthas

Alright all, I will improve on asking questions in future posting.

So for the above question, any feedback?

/arulthas

But you neither do any of this and try to act smart by saying other stupid by giving the MS KB.

I am sorry you have chosen to interpret my reply in that manner as I was not trying to be smart (although I am very clever), I was merely pointing you in the direction of how to ask a question properly.

I see you have also asked this question on other forums so I hope you get your answer either here or somewhere else as I won't be helping you.

Paul
MCSE 2003
MCSA 2003
MCITP Enterprise Administrator

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

What does the GPO control? The one you are switching off to allow the site to load(I'm assuming in IE). What are its precise settings?
Thanks

Hi All,

After much investigation i found the issue was not due to GPO now but Internet Explorer.

This system that i setup was MS W2K3 R2 SP2 (x64) and it has 2 Internet Explorer version i.e. 32-bit and 64-bit.

The problem is when user RDP to the server they didnt see the 32-bit browser instead 64-bit and when accessing sites with Flash, its not working because Flash playback does not support x64 browser.

So I wonder if there is way to make the 32-bit browser as default each time a user RDP to this server.

p/s: Hi pagy and 58sniper, please apologies for posting wage question which not allowing neither of you to answer my question. I will be more details in my future posting as suggested in the MS KB. I hope this posting that i am doing has some improvement.

/Arulthas.

/arulthas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back