Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash & Web Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoknows361

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
US
A client of mine has recently asked me what methods would best be utilized to increase traffic to their site.

The reason I am posting this in this forum is that the site I created is 100% flash, & also that I value the opinions I receive in this forum as they appear to be quite reliable (oldnewbie, pixl8r, etc). I am also conducting my own research as well.

Now, my client is not talking about search engine optimization, but pay services which will increase site traffic. Since the site is 100% flash, will services offered by google & yahoo be beneficial? are there businesses that you know of that are reliable to increase traffic to flash based sites? What are my best options? Thanks in advance
Jonathan

One reasonably good way to do it is to embed your text/or key terms in a <noscript> tag in the html page that contains your flash movie.

Another common way is to create a simple "no flash" alternative site that is indexable by the search engine.

My experience is that Search engine optimization (for any page) is mostly worthless anyway. I do not mean that it shouldn't be done, just that I don't break my back over it. If your client wants great placement they are going to have to pay for it. Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back