Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash 5 script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savale

Technical User
Jun 14, 2001
US
Hello I do have a question about the script of flash 5: I made a "loading" scene where you will see: loading while it's loading scene 2 (includes some sound files etc)
But now i don't know the right script to get these actions:

If frame 134 of scene 2 has been loaded goto and play frame 14 ot the current scene, else play frame 1 of the current scene...

That's what I want, but now I need the script!
Thanx greetz DJ savale from the Netherlands

Savale,
If you want to use this way of doing things...

Your loading scene should be 2 frames long.
Start by labeling the last frame(134 I believe in your case) of your scene 2 with moviend or whatever, but use that exact same name in the script below, which will be on the first frame of your "loading scene":

ifFrameLoaded ("Scene 2", "moviend") {
gotoAndPlay (3);
}

Make sure Scene 2 matches exactly the name of your second scene.

The script for the second frame of your "loading" scene should look like this:

gotoAndPlay (1);

You can also design a looping movieclip (a flashing "LOADING..." for example), and drag it from the library on it's own layer of your loading scene, covering both frames.

Use STREAMING mode while testing your movie... Or better check it on the web. Remember that once downloaded, the movie will be in your computer's cache, thus you won't see your preloader unless your clear the cache.

;-)

PS: Register as a member!

Hey Thanx! It works!

greetingz Dj Savale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back