Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have Flash 4 and learning it. Is Flash 5.0 worth buying or upgrading too?

If so, do you have to buy a whole new Flash, or is there an upgrade from 4.0?

I'm on the waiting list for Flash 5 for when it first comes out, so I do know for a fact that there is an upgrade version for only $149 that will upgrade Flash 2, 3, or 4. You can get it at
As far as knowing wheather or not this version is going to be worth upgrading to, I couldn't say for sure, but I'd be willing to bet on it! Flash 4 had AMAZING differences than 3, and I'm sure 5 will do the same thing. I'm seriously looking forward to getting the new version.

Oh, and if you do go to you can see some of the differences that 5 will have...

Good luck!
SlimJim

Flash 5 is a bit different from the previous versions. The UI has a lot of floating menus and the toolbar changed a little bit.

In my opinion, the main difference is the incredible new actions and functions. The actionscripting is A LOT like javascript.

I would really recommend the program if you are a professional web designer and are very familiar with actionscripting, or simply if you want to learn the new scripting. You can have Flash 4 and 5 installed in your computer if you need to (not the upgrade)

So get in the list if you are into Flash because the new version is awesome. Let's see if they release it on time or the idiots from Adobe are going to get away with the lawsuit.-->
For all of you that are not aware of this, Adobe just sued Macromedia because supposedly Flash 5 has the same layout as some of the Adobe programs. *%$&%{ Adobe.
Now they are requesting to the court to hold the release of Flash 5. They are probably not going to win the case but this delay would really hurt Macromedia (and help Adobe and their stupid programs).

Now you know.

I say its $#!@ too cause the windows r like Fireworks as u can say i don't have much too talk about :)

how can i remove the right click in a movie?

Hi,
Have a look at the thread "why did they do that", there is a lot of interesting Flash 5 vs Flash 4 banter there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back