Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash 4 w/ACD need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoastalComm

Technical User
Jun 29, 2002
US
I have PRI service, Main Tel# is assigned target line 145. AA is set to answer immediately target line 145. I have no trouble receiving 2 calls into the Flash, but the 3rd caller gets a busy.

Here are some things I have checked.
1. Port/DN....I displayed the 2nd DN of the VM, it shows that Startalk is the device on that port.
2. I tried F981 on 1st phone, get log ,leave that displayed, move to 2nd phone F981 get log, leave that displayed, move to 3rd phone try F981 says VM busy.
3. If I intercom the 2nd DN of the VM it displays not allowed.
4. Connected laptop and booted everything passes.
5. Checked under F983 the # of channels, it tells me 4.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Go into a maintenance session on the MICS and check to see if the flash is showing up on all 4 dns, also check the status of each one. If one of the ports isn't working, plug a 7310 into it to make sure the port is working right, this will also reset the port which can fix the problem sometimes.

I've connected a 7310 to the port not working, it initializes and works. I've also gone into maintenance and checked each port, all is OK there also.

If you have the ACD on a Flash, it is likely the ACD is guarding two channels.

PhM

Thanks Arr, that's what I thought was happening but wasn't sure. Is there any way to have all 4 channels working with the VM. This is my first time with Flash ACD.

If my guess is correct then; no. Your ACD is an add on card to the 2 port flash. You can only get more channel access by adding a system. Add another Flash and leave the ACD on the original machine, add a NAM using Minuette, add a Call Pilot 100 for the voice mail or ACD only etc. Depending on your KSU and call handling requirements and just how much money your company makes from its telephone contacts. The overall costs are really cheap when compared to the vast amounts of dollars fired off at PC systems. Your telephone system IS the most important computer you have.

Hope this helps
PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back